Please read the following information carefully:
- The Main Entrance for the Learning Express is on 1st Avenue. Look for our sign above the left hand door.
- There is absolutely NO PARKING on the school side of 1st Avenue. This is where contract vans load and unload. Violators will be subject to AASD school security.
- Learning Express Sessions are from 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. It is your responsibility as a parent to abide by arrival and dismissal schedules. Please drop your child off for pre-school ON TIME everyday and pick-up your child at dismissal ON TIME everyday! Parents/Guardians who repeatedly pick their child up late will need to attend a meeting with the Program Coordinator and the Building Principal.
- Parents dropping off students at arrival and picking up for dismissal should park in the W&J lots or on 5th Street, and then bring your child to the upper 5th Street door.
- Please contact your child's classroom teacher if someone other the primary parent/guardian is picking up your child for dismissal. Alternative pick-ups needs to be designated on the your child's Emergency Card and he/she will be asked to present a form of picture identification in order for alternative pick-up to occur.
- Head Start and Pre-K Counts parents and guardians should use the 2nd Avenue doors for arrival and dismissal.
SCHOOL GATE GUARDIAN
School Gate Guardian is being implemented at the Washington Jefferson building, as well as in every building across the Altoona Area School District. When entering the building, you will be asked to submit your photo ID/ Driver's License via the red security box inside the entrance. Once approved, a peel-and-stick name tag will print for you to wear while inside the building. Once you have run your ID through the Guardian and have been buzzed in, please proceed to the Main Office.
EVERYONE entering the building (including later arrivals and early dismissals) must enter the Main Entrance on 1st Avenue and scan their I.D. (driver's license) through the School Gate Guardian before entering the building. NO ONE without the appropriate I.D. will have access to the building.